Gender Equality Week 2023 takes place from September 17 to 23.
The theme this year is United for Gender Equality: Stronger Together. It highlights Canada’s commitment to inclusivity and equality by recognizing and celebrating the diversity within the country. These diverse identities shape every individual and represent the richness of our collective diversity. The theme encourages unity among individuals regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, racial background, or level of education.
Gender Equality is a strength in building a fair country and a strong future.
Check out the statement and video from the Honourable Marci Ien, Minister for Women and Gender Equality and Youth, to mark Gender Equality Week.
Ways to get involved
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn.
- Share our social media posts from September 17 to 23, or start a conversation using our social media shareables below with the hashtag #GenderEqualityWeek.
- Use the Gender Equality Week 2023 background below during your virtual meetings.
- Visit the 5th Anniversary page (coming soon) to explore some milestones and achievements WAGE accomplished in the last five years.
Gender Equality Week 2023 digital toolkit
Download these visuals and use them on your website, social media channels or virtual meetings.
How to save images to your computer or mobile device
(1) Open the full-sized image
Open the full-sized image by clicking on the link of the image you wish to download.
(2) Open the contextual menu
On a PC: Right-click on the image you want to download.
On a Mac: Hold down the Control key (Ctrl) and click on the image you want to download.
On a mobile device: Tap and hold the image you want to download until the menu appears.
(3) Choose “Save as”
The options on the contextual menu will vary, depending on which web browser you’re using. Some browsers may say “Save as” while others may say “Save image as” or “Save picture as.”
(4) Rename the file (optional)
A dialogue box will open, giving you the opportunity to change the file name or keep it as is.
(5) Choose a destination folder
Specify a location to save the downloaded image and click “Save.”
Use this banner for your web or intranet content.
Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Use this image for your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn content.
Use this image for your Instagram content.
Virtual meeting background
Use this background during your virtual meetings.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: