The Gender-Based Violence Strategy infographic - Text version
It’s Time: Canada’s Strategy to Prevent and Address Gender-Based Violence (GBV)
Launched: June 19, 2017
The Government of Canada's response to prevent and address GBV against women, girls, LGBTQ2 and gender diverse people.
- Reduce GBV
- Improve health, social and justice outcomes for individuals who have experienced GBV
- Change the social norms, attitudes and behaviours that contribute to GBV
- Increase support in the health, social services and justice systems for individuals who have experienced GBV
- Support policies, programs and initiatives that are evidence-based and reflect the unique experiences and needs of diverse groups
$40 million per year ongoing.
New investments to support community-based organizations, surveys and research.
- Preventing GBV
- Supporting survivors and their families
- Promoting responsive legal and justice systems
Federal departments, national Indigenous organizations, researchers, non-governmental organizations, service providers, survivors, provinces and territories.
GBV Knowledge Centre
Focal point for governance and coordination, reporting and evaluation, data and research, and knowledge mobilization.
Learn more at: canada.ca/gbv-knowledge-centre