Gender-based Analysis Plus: Unconscious bias
- Unconscious bias training is best delivered in person. This topic requires interaction, trust, and the opportunity for people to meet in a safe environment. E-learning or webinars on their own can raise awareness of increase understanding of related concepts but are not appropriate delivery methods for unconscious bias training, nor will they produce measurable change. At minimum, consider a blended approach that includes some in-person training.
- Women and Gender Equality Canada (WAGE) is not responsible for the content of third party links.
Government of Canada unconscious bias training
- The Centre for Intercultural Learning (CIL) at Global Affairs Canada (GAC) can be hired by other federal government organizations to deliver tailored training on unconscious bias.
- The overall goal of this session is to increase awareness of unconscious bias and its influence on behaviours and decision-making.
- If you would like to hire CIL for training on unconscious bias, you can contact them at: email@example.com.
Canada Life. Implicit bias. Accessed March 2021.
Canada Research Chairs. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: Best Practices for Recruitment, Hiring and Retention. Accessed August 2018.
Canada Research Chairs. Unconscious bias training module. Accessed August 2018.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: