October is Women’s History Month in Canada, a time to celebrate the women and girls from our past, and our present, who are contributing to a better, more inclusive Canada.
In 1992, the Government of Canada designated October as Women’s History Month, marking the beginning of an annual celebration of the outstanding achievements of women and girls throughout Canada’s history. This year marks the 30th anniversary of Women’s History Month.
This year’s theme, She Did, So Now I Can, celebrates the actions of inspiring Canadian women that positively impact our lives today, right now, at this very minute. We are thankful for their courage and for inspiring us to do better.
Let’s continue to honor Canadian women who don’t accept the status quo and fight hard to improve the lives of all women in the country.
Check out the statement from the Honourable Marci Ien, Minister for Women and Gender Equality and Youth, and the video from Jenna Sudds, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Women and Gender Equality and Youth, to mark the start of Women’s History Month.
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn.
- Share our social media posts throughout the month or start a conversation using our social media shareables below with the hashtag #WomensHistoryMonth.
- Use Women’s History Month 2022 background below during your virtual meetings.
- Visit the Women of Impact in Canada gallery, which recognizes the contributions and achievements of close to 170 exceptional Canadian women and girls who have made an impact in politics, the arts and sciences, and countless other fields.
- View Women in Canadian History: A Timeline, to learn more about notable events in Canadian women’s history.
- Register to the Canadian Women in History course that celebrates the outstanding achievements of women throughout Canada’s history. While this free course targets grade 6-12 students (grade 6 to secondary 5 in Quebec), everyone can create an account and learn! (The course will be available until the end of June 2023 at a minimum.)
Women’s History Month 2022 digital toolkit
Download these visuals and use them on your website, social media channels or virtual meetings.
How to save images to your computer or mobile device
(1) Open the full-sized image
Open the full-sized image by clicking on the link of the image you wish to download.
(2) Open the contextual menu
On a PC: Right-click on the image you want to download.
On a Mac: Hold down the Control key (Ctrl) and click on the image you want to download.
On a mobile device: Tap and hold the image you want to download until the menu appears.
(3) Choose “Save as”
The options on the contextual menu will vary, depending on which web browser you’re using. Some browsers may say “Save as” while others may say “Save image as” or “Save picture as.”
(4) Rename the file (optional)
A dialogue box will open, giving you the opportunity to change the file name or keep it as is.
(5) Choose a destination folder
Specify a location to save the downloaded image and click “Save.”
Use this banner for your web or intranet content.
Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Use this image for you Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn content.
Use this image for you Instagram content.
Virtual meeting backgrounds
Bilingual background with English first
Use one of these backgrounds during your virtual meetings.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: