The Government of Canada’s theme for International Women’s Day (IWD) 2023 is Every Woman Counts.
It’s a reminder that all women, from all ages and walks of life, have a place in every aspect of Canadian society, including in the economic, social and democratic spheres.
Let’s celebrate the successful women around us, reminding today’s youth and girls that their dream is within reach.
Check out the statement and video from the Honourable Marci Ien, Minister for Women and Gender Equality and Youth, to mark International Women’s Day.
Ways to get involved
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram.
- Share our social media posts on March 8 and the days leading up to this important date, or start a conversation using our social media shareables below with the hashtag #IWD2023.
- Use the International Women's Day 2023 background below during your virtual meetings.
- Register to the Canadian Women in History course that celebrates the outstanding achievements of women throughout Canada’s history. While this free course targets grade 6-12 students (grade 6 to secondary 5 in Quebec), everyone can create an account and learn! (The course will be available until the end of June 2023 at a minimum.)
- Learn more about inspiring Canadian women and gender equality in Canada:
- Explore the Women of Impact in Canada gallery and the Women in Canadian History: A Timeline showcasing the achievements of Canadian women in various fields such as politics, sciences, and the arts.
- Consult the Gender equality timeline for an overview of gender equality milestones in Canada.
- Watch Heritage Minutes videos on inspiring Canadian women.
International Women’s Day 2023 digital toolkit
Download these visuals and use them on your website, social media channels or virtual meetings.
How to save images to your computer or mobile device
(1) Open the full-sized image
Open the full-sized image by clicking on the link of the image you wish to download.
(2) Open the contextual menu
On a PC: Right-click on the image you want to download.
On a Mac: Hold down the Control key (Ctrl) and click on the image you want to download.
On a mobile device: Tap and hold the image you want to download until the menu appears.
(3) Choose “Save as”
The options on the contextual menu will vary, depending on which web browser you’re using. Some browsers may say “Save as” while others may say “Save image as” or “Save picture as.”
(4) Rename the file (optional)
A dialogue box will open, giving you the opportunity to change the file name or keep it as is.
(5) Choose a destination folder
Specify a location to save the downloaded image and click “Save.”
Use this banner for your web or intranet content.
Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Use this image for your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn content.
Use this image for your Instagram content.
Virtual meeting background
Use this background during your virtual meetings.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: