The Government of Canada’s theme for International Women’s Day (IWD) 2022 is Women Inspiring Women.
It celebrates all the women and girls who inspire us by demonstrating leadership in the choices they make in their day-to-day lives to contribute to the social, economic, cultural, and political spheres.
In Canada, unlike in many other countries, women are free to study and be leaders in the field they choose, care and provide for their family, express who they are, and fight for their beliefs.
Ways to get involved
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram.
- Share our social media posts on March 8 and the days leading up to this important date, or start a conversation using our social media shareables below with the hashtag #IWD2022.
- Meet the four new recipients of the Governor General’s Awards in Commemoration of the Persons Case during the award ceremony on Facebook Live on March 8 at 10:30 a.m. (ET). Their outstanding contributions are helping to advance equality for women and girls in Canada. (No registration required.)
- Visit the Women of Impact in Canada gallery to learn about the inspiring achievements of Canadian women in various fields such as politics, sciences, and the arts.
- Use the International Women's Day 2022 background below during your virtual meetings.
International Women’s Day 2022 digital toolkit
Download these visuals and use them on your website, social media channels or virtual meetings.
How to save images to your computer or mobile device
(1) Open the full-sized image
Open the full-sized image by clicking on the link of the image you wish to download.
(2) Open the contextual menu
On a PC: Right-click on the image you want to download.
On a Mac: Hold down the Control key (Ctrl) and click on the image you want to download.
On a mobile device: Tap and hold the image you want to download until the menu appears.
(3) Choose “Save as”
The options on the contextual menu will vary, depending on which web browser you’re using. Some browsers may say “Save as” while others may say “Save image as” or “Save picture as.”
(4) Rename the file (optional)
A dialogue box will open, giving you the opportunity to change the file name or keep it as is.
(5) Choose a destination folder
Specify a location to save the downloaded image and click “Save.”
Use this banner for your web or intranet content.
Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Use this image for your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn content.
Use this image for your Instagram content.
Virtual meeting background
Use this background during your virtual meetings.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: