Nominations for the 2023 Governor General’s Awards in Commemoration of the Persons Case are now open. Submit your nominations by July 10, 2023!
Before you submit a nomination, please read the Guidelines for Nominators. These guidelines will provide all of the information you need to better understand the nomination process and complete your nomination. You may also refer to the check list for step-by-step instructions.
Guidelines for Nominators
- Any group or individual is welcome to submit a nomination for a Persons Case Award. Individuals may not nominate themselves. Past candidates and recipients have included:
- Corporate leaders or board members;
- Facilitators and advocates;
- Community activists;
- Specialists in issues facing women and girls; and
- Academics and researchers.
- Candidates must be Canadian citizens.
- Youth award candidates must be between 15 and 30 years of age, and all other candidates must be over 30.
- The nomination process is ongoing. Once the annual yearly deadline has passed, nominations are presented to the Jury, an independent body reflective of the diversity of Canadian society. The Jury reviews all nominations and makes recommendations to Women and Gender Equality Canada. If a nomination is received after the deadline has passed, it will be considered the following year.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: